Sunday, April 26, 2009

Playing Viola..Help??

One day I was listening to a band(Silverstein-Discover The Waterfront) and I really liked the song I though it had the violin and then I checked out the song information to found out it was a viola.I have been in love with the viola sense that day.Any way I am making this longer than it needs to be.My question is..I just started playing the viola do you have any tips for me.I can hardly play.

Playing Viola..Help??
are you learning for school or for yourself? i've been playing viola for about a decade now, and i learned using the suzuki method books. they're more commonly found for violin and piano, but the viola ones are available. find a private instructor, practice every day for at least 30 minutes, and learn to love your instrument and play it for your love of music instead of only to learn it for a grade or because you feel compelled to. there's no easy way to learn viola, it's nothing like guitar or the flute, where you have marked frets. chances are, if you heard it in the back of a music piece, it's going to involve a lot of complex playing position, and fingeringings that will take time to learn. if you can't find the music for it, learning to play it by ear will probably be difficult, too. there's no substitute for lots of practice and a good teacher. viola is not really a good teach-yourself instrument, but a good amount of hardwork and a well tuned piano can work miracles! good luck, avoid the viola jokes (we're the blondes of the strings family), and if you need further information, don't hesitate to email!


No comments:

Post a Comment