Sunday, April 26, 2009

Viola professors at London Conservatories?

I am currently a junior at a performing arts high school in the US where I play the viola (I study with Sheila Brown, who studied with Karen Tuttle and Kim Kashkashian). I am interested in going to college in London, mostly because I fell in love with the city this summer and hope to eventually move and get a job there. I have been looking at several different schools, like the Royal Academy of Music, the Royal College of Music, and Guildhall. I will be applying to college this summer/fall, but will be in London this March and am hoping to perhaps arrange lessons with potential teachers. I am wondering if anyone has studied the viola in London or knows any of the professors of viola at these (or another London) institutions. Any information would be helpful, such as techniques they teach, their style of teaching, information about the school's orchestral and chamber music program, or even general information at the school (location, etc.).


Thank you!

Viola professors at London Conservatories?
here, i found the actual websites for all 3 music colleges it explains everything in detail there. Hope that helped!!
Reply:I recomend you Paul Silverthorne (Royal Academy of Music). He's first viola of the London Symphony, and viola principal with the London sinfonietta (Contemporary Music). There're 4 music colleges in london:


www.ram.ac.uk


www.rcm.ac.uk


www.gsmd.ac.uk


www.tcm.ac.uk Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment