Sunday, April 26, 2009

Viola Experts?

I got a viola, quite a while back and i wanted to know the pricing.


its a viola, 1986 Franz Gandner, Made In West Germany.


Im sure that my parents paid 5000 dollars, but i do not know.

Viola Experts?
Don't you mean Franz Sandner ?





I use to have one of their violins once. It cost $800 but I would not give $200 for it now. It was an awful violin....dull and lifeless.





I think you should take it to a violin shop for an appraisal. I doubt that your parents paid $5000 dollars for it





PS I did find an ad for a Franz Gandner violin. They look quite expensive.


http://www.fiddlehangout.com/classifieds...





Funny, how two manufacturers in the same country would have such similar names.
Reply:I'm curious why you can't just ask your parents. But at any rate, the only way an instrument can be appriased accurately is to take it to a luthier -- it can't be done online.

Bad Teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment