Monday, November 16, 2009

Where can i find a quality, new viola?

i played violin for 10 years, and just switched to viola. im in a high school orchestra and i need my own viola. any suggestions of where to find one?

Where can i find a quality, new viola?
I've had the best success finding musical instruments by talking to my school instructors and private teachers and asking if they know anyone who is selling their instrument. This is a good way to get reliable, sturdy instruments, if you are willing to take a little bit of scruff in exchange for a lower price. However, you asked where you might get a "quality, new" instrument. The music companies I trust for such a requirement are Groth, Schmitt, and Musician's Friend. The former two, in my experience, have intelligent, competent employees who will get you exactly what you need, nothing more, nothing less. I still say, though, that you will get more for your money when you buy through a local musician, and you get the opportunity to develop a useful relationship with an experienced musician. But, it seems that many musicians are not limited by the same monetary constraints I've found myself under. Best of luck - the cellos may very well drown you out.
Reply:My favorite store is Brook Mays Music Company. That's where I got my violin.





They have several high quality brands for good prices, and have equally good rental and used brands.





http://www.brookmays.com/








(Also, Williamson Music is good too.)





http://www.williamsonmusicco.com/index.p...

bacteria

No comments:

Post a Comment